Why is this privacy notice relevant?
- Miles France Associates Limited is committed to ethical data collection, storage and usage.
- This privacy notice describes how such data processing is undertaken, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA). The GDPR and the DPA are subsequently referred to as ‘the legislation.’
- The legislation came into force on 25.5.2018 and is designed to safeguard your personally identifiable information or personal data.
- This privacy notice will be regularly reviewed and updated.
- Further information about the Data Protection Act can be found online at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/12/pdfs/ukpga_20180012_en.pdf
Who are Miles France Associates Limited?
- Miles France Associates Limited are primarily a health and social care consultancy firm, providing consultancy, training and Approved Clinician’s practice.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) supervision is also currently on offer.
- There are plans to offer a limited number of CBT sessions and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) sessions.
- MHA & MCA Training Solutions is a trading name for Miles France Associates Limited.
Data Control for Miles France Associates Limited
- For the purpose of the legislation and your personal data, Miles France Associates Limited is the Data Controller.
- Mr Miles France is the person responsible for data protection. He can be contacted as follows: ✉ miles[@]milesfrance.co.uk
- ‘Personal data’ is any information relating to a person, who can be directly or indirectly identified from the data. This includes – but is not limited to – a person’s age, address, contact details and electronic identifiers (e.g. NHS number).
- ‘Special category data’ includes potential sensitive information, such as someone’s psychosocial history, racial origins, political / religious / spiritual beliefs and/or details of any criminal convictions.
Miles France Associates Limited will ensurethat all data collection is
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for its collection purposes
- Accurate and up-to-date
- Kept securely
- Kept for no longer than is necessary.
Miles France Associates Limited’s obligations and your rights
- You must have expressed your consent to us holding your data and providing you with a service.
- When you provide some initial information – in pursuance of a contract with Miles France Associates Limited – your data will initially enable us to provide you with a quote for our services.
- We will process your data, as agreed in the terms and conditions of the contract.
External legitimate interests
- Our services may be commissioned by a third party.
- When we provide training services, it may be necessary to obtain relevant data from this third-party, in order to provide appropriate course materials and meet with any health and safety considerations.
- We will also keep records of relevant course delegates and invoicing related matters.
Protecting your data
- All data is stored electronically, with encryption (where appropriate).
- Minimal personal data will be transported, to reduce the possibility of any data loss.
Safeguarding and public protection issues
- In rare instances, other legalisation requires us to provide information to statutory services without your explicit consent.
- Examples of this include:
- A situation which raises significant concerns about the safety of a child or vulnerable adult e.g. necessitating a safe guarding consultation with the relevant local authority’s specialist team.
- Any immediate danger posed by a client of our services, towards another person e.g. necessitating a phone call to the police.
- The need to report an issue or concern to a professional/regulatory body e.g. GMC.
- The requirements relating to the Terrorism Act 2006 and the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015.
What will happen if I with hold my consent or raise an objection?
- Under the legislation, you have a right to write to Miles France Associates Limited and withdraw your consent or raise an objection, providing this is lawful.
- This consent can be with drawn at any time, by emailing us: ✉ miles[@]milesfrance.co.uk
- If you feel that Miles France Associates Limited has not adequately responded to your concerns, there is a further right of appeal to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wimslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Enquiry Line: 01625 545700